I saw a video on Facebook teaching how to make cheese-filled onion rings, I succeeded in doing on the first pieces, but the temperamental me says just do a variation of it instead. The easy one. Hehe. So, I decided to just do one using cheese and ground pork. 🙂
What You Need:
- one piece yellow onion
- ground pork
- quickmelt cheese
- cooking oil
- bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
For the dip:
- soy sauce
What To Do
1. Cut the white onion into half. To create the cup-shape, you have to cut from the middle section of it, not from the top. A piece of white onion can make at least 8-10 cups. Don’t throw the smallest pieces, they are still usable!
2. Slice thin pieces of cheese. I use two pieces per cup so as it would serve as the base at the bottom hole of each onion cups. Place it in each onion cup.
3. In a bowl, season the ground pork with salt and pepper. (I tried making ones with and without since I try to avoid consuming too much salt)
4. Put as much ground pork in each cup.
5. Beat the 2 eggs and coat each onion cup. Then, quickly coat each cups with flour and bread crumbs.
6. After all these, fry each piece in a pan. You may do the usual pan-frying or deep-frying technique.