Requesting an NSO copy of your birth certificate can be done through the NSOHelpline*** where you need to fill out a digital order/request form.
1. Go to the NSO Helpline website.
2. Choose the purpose or reason for your birth certificate request.
3. Key in your personal and family details, such as your and your parents’ names.
4. A question regarding an existing or pending request for correction or other cases will be asked. Depending on your response, the request may be terminated and you will be advised on the next steps to do instead.
5. The recipient’s details will be asked.
6. You will be provided a new page that summarizes your order details. Review it carefully. Click the Back button to make changes when necessary.
7. Input your contact information and delivery address. Depending on the number of copies of the birth certificate that you need, you have to adjust the number of copies. Click Continue to proceed to checkout and end the request process. You will be advised to pay the necessary fee.
Each NSO birth certificate request costs P365.00*. Processing takes two to three days upon payment of the birth certificate order.
*updated: March 9, 2019
***On January 9, 2020 the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and Teleserv have put up announcements regarding the termination of their partnership in providing civil registry documents. All requests for documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, and CENOMAR will be received and processed by PSA through their PSA Serbilis website.
What’s the difference between PSA and NSO birth certificate?
Nothing major on the details of the birth certificate, except the logo at the top left corner. The change in the logo is due to the merger that happened to some government institutions that are now all governed by the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA).