Sometimes, it is good to step away from social media and get yourself busy with some other things that will make your time worthwhile and productive. Deactivating your social media is one way to give yourself a bit of a breather from all the content—positive or negative—that a social media application supplies you.
One of the most popular social media platforms right now is Facebook. A huge percentage of the population has access to Facebook, and while the number of new users might still be growing, some others choose to take a break from the app.
If you are using the Facebook mobile app, here’s how you can deactivate your account:
1. Launch the Facebook app.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines on the upper right-hand side.
3. Scroll down to Settings and Privacy. Tap Settings.
4. Tap Personal and Account Information.
5. Tap Account Ownership and Control. Choose Deactivation and Deletion.
6. Choose Deactivate Account.
Deactivating your account is only temporary, which means if you decide to return and use Facebook again, you can log in using your log-in credentials as usual.
Tap Continue to account deactivation.
8. Enter your Facebook account password. Tap Continue.
9. Facebook would want to know why you want to deactivate your account. Pick a reason from the pre-set options or add one your own, and then tap Continue.
10. Facebook would not want you to go! So it will convince you one last time to choose to logout or remove some unwanted posts instead. However, if you really are decided to deactivate, it will ask you if you want to reactivate your account after just a couple of days (options range from 1 to 7 days) or if you want to reactivate it only when you log in again. Choose an option and tap Continue.
11. When you deactivate your Facebook account, your Messenger account will remain active. This means people you connect with through Facebook can still chat or send you a message through Messenger. If you want to deactivate this as well, you need to do it through the Messenger app.
If this is fine with you, tap Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page.
Wait for the app to log you out of the app. The page will return to the log-in page.