I realized that maintaining a faux curly hair is not easy. I thought that after the salon treatment, the curls will stay as it is and you don’t need to do anything much to keep it curly.
My hair has been curly for roughly 5 months now, and I must say I have invested so much in my curls that I tried a lot of products since just to make sure my curls will look great when I go out. Finding products for curly hair is a bit difficult. I guess it also has something to do with the demographic, as the Philippines is generally not a nation of curly-haired people.
One of my must-have curl products is a mousse to get my hair strands perfectly curly as possible. A colleague mentioned to me what mousse is, I got curious and tried to find something in the market. Luckily, I found the Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse in one of the leading pharmacy chains in the country.
I have been using this in the last three months now and I must say I am kind of pleased with the effect.
- The consistency of the mousse is whipped-cream-like
- It does help give definition to my curls, which lasts for almost the whole day.
- It does not feel sticky or oily on the hair, unlike when I was still using a curling lotion.
- There is a bit of fragrant scent to it.
- My curls feel soft and smooth throughout the day.
- Easy-to-use spray bottle. Airtight canister.
- You need to apply a handful for full hair coverage.
- Tends to stiffen the clumps of curls when not given enough time for the hair strands to absorb it.
- Can’t find a travel-size canister for when I go out of town.
Generally, my curls looks like this when I use the Dove Style+Care Mousse (with just typical hairwashing of shampoo-conditioner-mousse-airdry routine):
I have tried other curls defining mousses, yet it is with the Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse that I am satisfied with the result.
The Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse that I only find available in the market is the one with the Level 2 tag, not sure why just that though. What’s with 1, 3, and 4?
My rating? 4.5 out of 5. ✌✌✌
The Dove Style + Care Curls Defining Mousse is available at Watsons for Php280.