A convenient way to apply for an SSS salary loan online is through the use of your smartphone device.
The Social Security System (SSS) is taking advantage of technology and mobility to make its programs and services accessible to its members from various private, public and government institutions. I personally noticed that SSS has been improving its website (or setting up a new upgraded portal) and has launched a new and more user-friendly mobile app.
Here’s what you need to do to apply for an SSS salary loan online through their mobile app:
1. Download the SSS Mobile app to your smartphone device. The app is available on both Google Playstore for Android smartphone usersand the App Store for iPhone users.
2. If you have an existing SSS account already, log in using your set username and password. Otherwise, register and create a new account. Registering a new SSS account must be done on a desktop or through a browser though as the feature is not available on the SSS mobile app. You know the drill, do it just like how you create your social media accounts.
3. Once logged in, tap My Loans. And then tap the third option Apply for Salary Loan.
4. Fill in the details needed, such as the loan amount you plan to borrow or you are qualified to loan. The options are either Php16,000 (if you have at least 36 monthly contributions prior to the application of the loan) or at Php32,000 (if you have at least 72 monthly contributions prior to the application of the loan).
If you are employed in a company, the Employer ID and Employer fields should have already been pre-filled out. Otherwise, check with your company if they are also registered online.
Tick the “I agree to the Terms of Service”.
5. Tap Proceed. The page will display a confirmation that your SSS salary loan application has been sent to your employer.
Now, it is the employer’s turn to confirm and approve your salary loan request. The employer is given 5 days to attend to or approve/deny the SSS salary loan application. You may also inform your employer that you sent an SSS salary loan request and send them a screenshot of the page from the SSS Mobile app showing such.
Whether the SSS loan application is approved or denied, you will receive a notification through text and email. Or you can check the status of your salary loan application through the Salary Loan Status tab on the SSS mobile app.
The loaned amount may be sent to you in the form of a cheque or through your UMID ATM bank account. Loan disbursement may take a week or two from the date of employer approval.